Pain BC is a resource for people with persistent pain and their healthcare providers.
"Improve the lives of people in pain through education, empowerment, and innovation.
- Promote prevention and early intervention in chronic pain and pain-related disability
- Educate, promote skill development, and build hope and confidence among people living with pain and their families
- Empower health care providers with the education, tools, and skills they need to improve the lives of people living with pain
- Facilitate planning, action, evaluation, and innovation leading to service system change
- Engage a cross-sectoral coalition in collective action to raise awareness of chronic pain and reduce the stigma associated with it
- Foster and encourage pain and pain-related disability research"
They offer resources for people in pain, like self-management, support groups and a support line.