Links to important articles, videos and books on pain science
Pain science essential reading list - courtesy of Lars Avemarie.
with Anoop Balachandran, Paul Ingraham, Ben Cormack, Prof. Lorimer Moseley, Dr. Jonathan Fass, Diane Jacobs, Dr. Bronnie Lennox Thompson, Dr. Jo Nijs, Dr. Mick Thacke, Max Zusman, Louis Gifford, Todd Hargrove, Dr. Serge Marchand, Dr. Gregory, Matthew Danziger, Tony Ingram and Dr. Jason Silvernail
Online Video Lectures
Pain science lectures with Pain Experts like Moseley, Stanton, Butler, O’Sullivan, Nijs, O´Connell, Zusman, Lehman, Reme, Thacker, Louw, Pearson and Dr. Kieran O’Sullivan....
After watching the video series, read these reviews:
Moseley, G. Lorimer. Reconceptualising pain according to modern pain science Physical Therapy Reviews 2007; 12:
G Lorimer Moseley. Teaching people about pain: why do we keep beating around the bush? Pain Manage. (2012) 2(1), 1–3.
Melzack R., Katz J. (2013), Pain. WIREs Cogn Sci, 4: 1–15.
NEED LINK - the one you had on page is broken
Books on Pain and Pain Science
And then buy these books, one at a time 😉
- Therapeutic Neuroscience Education by Adriaan Louw
- Explain pain 2ed by Butler/Moseley
- Painful Yarns by Moseley (pain stories)
- The Challenge of Pain by Melzack/Wall
- The Human Pain System by Lenz/Caasey
- Maldynia - The Illness of Chronic Pain by Giordano
- Textbook of Pain 6 Ed by Wall/Melzack